I have talked about inner beauty. Below are some ways on how we can work on being ‘beautiful’ from the inside out.
- Be grateful for what you have rather than what you’d like to have and keep your thoughts grounded.
- Learn to accept your life in its entirety;
- Learn to accept your lessons, they will help you emotionally and spiritually grow;
- Learn to relax. Find time to sit down and concentrate on yourself, to regroup your thoughts;
- Learn to see the good in everyone;
- Learn about and practice compassion, empathy, tolerance and patience;
- Learn to meditate;
- Don’t judge or be critical of others;
- Learn to accept your best;
- Stop being angry and malicious towards other people. It’s not always someone else’s fault.
Affirmations are a good way of re-affirming inner beauty, such as “I like myself” or I am happy with who I am.” They will go some way to changing the way we think about ourselves. Being happy with who we are, allows us to focus on others more positively.
Finally, we need to put ourselves in someone’s shoes and then ask ourselves, if the way we’re treating them is the way we would want to be treated by them.