Learning from our mistakes isn’t as easy as we think. If it were, we’d never repeat or make another mistake.
For us to learn from our mistakes, we must first admit we make them. Easy to say, not so easy to do. But as soon as we begin to accept that we make mistakes, the learning process will begin.
Sadly, we tend to blame others and then automatically distance ourselves from any possible responsibility or lessons, but we will never learn like that. When we spend too much time obsessing over our mistakes, we will inevitably go on to make new ones.
- Always accept responsibility for our mistakes that way we’re more likely to avoid making new ones;
- Try and understand why and what factors were involved in the decision process;
- Make sure you have all the facts in front of you;
- Follow your own gut feeling on any decisions and don’t question yourself;
- Try and change any patterns that contribute to mistakes being made.
Through my own spiritual beliefs and based on my understanding, mistakes are lessons in disguise, but we must put in the necessary work to learn from them.