How many of us are conditioned to follow a certain path and live our lives that way? Whose life are we living and are our decisions based on what we want and do our now decisions continue to revolve around someone else?
Although I woke up in my thirties to the fact that someone else was controlling my life, I wasn’t in a position to do anything about it… if I was, I would certainly be talking about a different outcome now.
- Always put other people before yourself;
- You sit on the fence;
- You would rather someone else make a decision than have to make your own decisions;
- You say yes because it’s easier than saying no;
- If confronted you back down and go along with the consensus;
- Your main job is to keep others happy;
- You find it hard to disagree with anyone;
- You are unsure of your own preferences so are hesitant about what you want for yourself;
- Wait for someone to answer for you when you’re asked a question.
If some of the above points apply to you, you’re unfortunately living someone else’s life. I know that because all of the above points applied to me. When I opened my eyes and saw my problem I began to change everything, but still had lots of opposition to deal with. It wasn’t easy.
No one is comfortable with change, that much is true… but others are less comfortable when they’re own life is far from where they want to be and you get to change yours.
That said, my advice would always be to continue to live your own life, before someone else gets to call the shots full time on how they want you to live.