I have already blogged on The CP Diary about an injury sustained from an assault two years ago. Unfortunately, from the sustained injury, another operation is now necessary, but of course that comes with risks and more uncertainties for us all to have to deal with as a family.
As hard as it is, perhaps we need to tell ourselves that it’s time to draw a line under what’s been, so that we can move forward, think positive thoughts and make new decisions so that we can move on with our lives.
Choose to focus on the following:
- Question any thoughts and any fears you have and tell yourself that the new path you are choosing is the right path. Do your own research on what you intend to change so that you are comfortable;
- If you hold fear on your new thoughts, break those down into a manageable list so that you’re working through all of your emotions. Be responsible and accountable for your decisions so that you stick with any new decisions;
- Don’t look back. That only serves to throw more doubt into the equation with what if scenarios. Stay focused, so that you build your life around any new decisions you make;
- If something has to change that you have no control over, there’s no point in worrying about it. It’s important to leave the past in the past and move on;
- The decisions we make are usually right because we’ve made them. If we were supposed to take a different path, we would have made a different choice.
I know that the decision we go on to make will be right, although still uncertain at this stage as we continue to work through our research. Once the research is finished, we have to trust and believe that everything will be okay.