As a child, I never thought about whether I was happy or sad. I knew I existed in my life and that my life was just that ‘my life.‘ I have changed a lot since those early days.
There is no doubt in my mind that we make our own happiness and that being proactive is an important element of that.
The following suggestions may help:
- Take responsibility for yourself. Quit blaming others and stop making excuses;
- Quit trying to avoid change because change needs to happen. Without change we can’t grow emotionally or spiritually;
- Change needs to happen for a reason, just be okay with it;
- Stop talking yourself down. Be aware of how you talk to yourself;
- Quit running away from your issues. When you deal with your issues you can move forward with fortitude and confidence;
- All challenges initiate change and growth;
- Problems stay problems because our thoughts limit our resolve to deal with those problems, therefore we must deal with out thoughts.
Although my spiritual beliefs bring me inner comfort and peace, I still have circumstances that I need to resolve and being pro-active and positive help with that.