As a child, I never thought about whether I was happy or sad. I knew I existed in my life and that was my life. I have changed a lot since those early days.
There is no doubt in my mind that we make our own happiness and that being pro-active is an important element of that.
The following proactive suggestions are below:
- Take responsibility for yourself and be okay with your mistakes;
- Stop blaming others and making excuses all the time. Making excuses simply allows you to deny your new responsibilities around change;
- Stop trying to avoid change, because change needs to happen and without change you cannot grow emotionally or spiritually;
- Try to be aware of any negative self-talk;
- Dealing with your issues will allow you to move forward with confidence;
- Challenges initiate change and growth and that’s okay;
- Problems stay problems because our thoughts limit our resolve to deal with those problems, therefore we must deal with our thoughts.
Although my spiritual beliefs bring me inner comfort and that makes me happy, I still have issues that I need to resolve and being pro-active helps with that.