With more bad days under my belt than good days, I thought it might be helpful to blog about how to turn a bad day into a good one.
The suggestions below help me.
- Always look at what you have, rather than what you want or would like;
- Try to deal with your issues, so that when the bad days set in, you hone in on what you have. Bad days will always cloud our judgment and make our realities feel worse. We must keep reminding ourselves of what we have;
- It’s important to meet deadlines, but our health and sanity is more important;
- Set time in your day to do something for yourself. Go for a walk or listen to music;
- Prioritise e-mails and telephone calls in and out of work, so that anything important is dealt with. The not so important e-mails and telephone calls should be put to the back of the queue;
- Trying to cram or finish everything in one day will only lead to burn out and even more stress.
- Once work is finished turn your phone off for a short while so that your brain isn’t still attached to work.
We should be concentrating on better lifestyle choices including our diets. Choose also to cut down on work commitments more regularly, so that you free-up time for yourself.