When we’re happy with ourselves, we don’t want to be someone else. We tend to think that others have their lives pretty much wrapped up. We also tend to look and focus on their qualities, rather than on our own.
From the outset, their lives seem to fit together perfectly, but inwardly, they will have their own stories to tell and we must focus on our own qualities.
These are my own techniques:
- Never look at the past as being something negative. Look at the past as being something you can learn and grow from;
- Stop trying to please others, if pleasing others doesn’t please you;
- Being around people who intimidate you can make you feel worse about yourself. Instead choose to be around positive people who elevate you and make you feel good about yourself;
- Concentrate on finding ways to take control of how you feel;
- Don’t worry about what other people think. Accepting yourself is easier when you ignore other people’s opinions.
We must continue to put a more positive slant on our own life and our own qualities. Don’t look to question yourself on those.