How many us find it hard to balance our emotions so that we keep us at the top of our game with what we physically deal with? Although I try to stay emotionally well, some of the issues I deal with aren’t always easy to get past. I am sure others will find that too.
The tips below may help:
- Begin to make it a habit of making a mental note of your feelings. Try to work out why you’ve got the feelings you have. Perhaps think about using affirmations to help shift those feelings;
- Always focus on the positive. It’s a good way to stay emotionally focused. Having negative feelings drains us physically and allows illness to set in. Focus on the positive also because that is what you will attract in life;
- Physical health is important, take care of it. All illnesses create emotional negativity. Take control by exercising, eating better and getting the right amount of sleep;
- Stay connected personally with friends. Take up a hobby, or find something that interests you. Social networking also helps put us in touch with people we know, but don’t always get to see;
- Don’t dwell on things you have no control over. Keep things that have happened in the past, firmly in the past. The focus must be what we will attract in our lives, so keeping our thoughts clearly in the present is important.
- Find inner-calm. This is important; because without having inner-calm, nothing else will work effectively.
When we achieve good emotional health, we are more likely to handle stress, family and friends better. We are also more likely to work through challenges we have possibly overlooked.
We will do things differently and making changes aren’t easy, but if we all changed just one little thing, that change would go some way to help us stay emotionally well.