We’ve probably all had days where we’re less than motivated. Perhaps on those less than motivational days, we may challenge our less than positive behaviour.
The following should help:
- When something is too difficult or we’re doing something that is out of our depth, it’s very easy to lose motivation. It is important to be clear on what we’re about to embark on, so that we understand the challenges ahead;
- Someone making decisions for us will interfere with our sense of self and motivation. Being motivated just doesn’t happen, we have to work at staying motivated;
- Not doing anything can make us feel non-motivated, and not being motivated means we’re less likely to change anything. We should change our perceptions on how we feel so that we become more motivated;
- When self-talk is negative we will literally talk ourselves out of accomplishing or achieving anything. Having a positive mind-set helps with motivation;
- We spend our lives being conditioned by external and internal influences (our own thoughts) both of which have a marked effect on our motivation. By investing in ourselves and concentrating on things such as growth, development and fulfilment, we are more likely to stay motivated.
Motivation allows us to get on with our lives, without which we will achieve very little. I know this because this was my life for many years.