It’s very frustrating when you know you give of your best, but others don’t see it as your best. I’ve heard it said, it has everything to do with others not meeting their own exacting standards.
It may also be because they set their own standards, which they expect others to meet. But doing our best shouldn’t mean we outwit someone, or that what we do has to be perfect, it means that whatever we do, we do it to the best of our ability and know that hand on heart, we did our best.
It should be good enough for others too and not something we should concern ourselves with. We don’t have to convince others that our best is our best.
We give of our best when:
- We treat others in a kind and conciliatory manner;
- We talk with respect;
- We don’t stand in judgment;
- We give help where help is needed;
- We allow others to take control of their own circumstances and act as a guide if it’s needed;
- We take time to listen;
- We say nice things so that others will feel good about themselves;
- We think about what we say and how we say it;
- We are loyal, honest and show compassion;
- We have a kind heart.
Whatever people’s reasons for behaving inappropriately, it is something they should reconcile for themselves. Us doing our best has nothing to do with that.