When we learn how to control stress, we will automatically feel better about what we deal with and will have better lives.
These are my tips for controlling stress:
- Learn to cultivate and learn to accept patience as part of the bigger picture and put that into perspective, so you always have control;
- Focus on what you’re trying to do in the present moment, so that your mind isn’t shifting back and forth;
- Deal with your baggage because baggage interferes with everyday life;
- Spend time around like-minded individuals who bring the best out of you;
- Find time in your day for quiet contemplation;
- Be reasonable about the things you can get done and be okay with the things you can’t. Rome wasn’t built in a day, neither was your ability to finish everything in one day;
- Avoid people who won’t or can’t handle their own stress, because their stress will eventually become yours;
- Stop multitasking because that adds to stress and instead set out your priorities in order of importance, so that your priorities are completed first;
- Take responsibility and own what belongs to you;
- Take control of the things you have control over, even if you’re not sure how and don’t put those things off;
Finally, if something seems out of your control and it’s not something you can control, it’s not something you need to deal with or worry about, so let it go.