Learning from our mistakes isn’t as easy as we think. If it were, we would never repeat or make another mistake.
I believe for us to learn from our mistakes, we must first admit we make them. Easy to say, not so easy to do. But as soon as we begin to accept that we make mistakes, the learning process can begin.
If we blame others then automatically distance ourselves from any possible responsibility or lessons, we will never learn. When we spend too much time obsessing over our mistakes, we will inevitably go on to make new ones.
- Always accept responsibility for our mistakes; that way we’re more likely to avoid making new ones;
- Try and understand why and what factors were involved in the decision process;
- Make sure we have all the facts in front of us;
- Follow our own gut feeling on any decisions and don’t question ourselves;
- Try and change any patterns that contribute to mistakes being made.
Through my own spiritual beliefs and based on my understanding, I have learned that mistakes are lessons in disguise, but we must put in the necessary work to learn from them.