Goals are meant to inspire us, but instead they throw us off balance and hit our confidence when we fail. Our lifestyles are partly responsible.
A positive lifestyle helps us lead a more positive life, with a more positive outcome on what we want to achieve. For example, if we decide to start going to the gym, we would need to change the way we see and eat our food. There would be no point going to the gym, to eat more of the wrong types of food, to put the weight back on.
A lot of us fail to achieve anywhere near our goals, because we lack the motivation and so give in too easily. Goals are like new-year resolutions, we succeed at some but not all, or we may eventually give up altogether.
So how do you achieve your goals?
- Firstly, try writing out your goals and periodically check back on your progress to see how far you’ve got. If you fail to achieve at least one goal, continue to think positively that you will and push forward. There is always a reason as to why we don’t achieve them. Look at what the reason might be and re-evaluate;
- Timing is crucial. Start your goals at a time when not much is going on in your life. You’re more likely to succeed when you have more time and less stress to deal with;
- Be sensible about the type of goal you’re trying to achieve. If the goal that you’re trying to achieve is totally out of your depth, fine-tune your goal, so that your goal becomes more achievable for you. Work within your framework;
- Follow your own thoughts and don’t be lead into a goal someone else thinks you can achieve. Make sure the goal you want to achieve is also something you want yourself. That way you’re more likely to succeed without giving up;
- The effort you put into working on your goals, the more you’ll have a chance to achieve them. Your goals should always be based on long term wants. A whirlwind decision doesn’t always show long-term commitment and may not produce the results you want;
- Finally, always celebrate your successes along the way. It will give you more reason to continue.
I believe that with the right mental attitude and a little bit of confidence thrown in for good measure, eventually we may obtain our goals. Covering these objectives will give you more success.