Having taken time to reflect on what I see as my failings, I have come to realise that those failings aren’t mine, but they’re parental issues of me. I also know I need to take control back and own those failings since they’re still mine.
Below are some questions that can help us assess where we are:
- Do you continually blame your parents for your life?
- Are you happy to take control or do your parents control you?
- Do you find yourself doing the same things as your parents have done without question?
- Are you continuing to repeat the same mistakes as your parents?
- Are you continually living with the same bad habits or patterns that need to change?
- Are you in a rut and don’t know how to change things?
Sadly, we tend to repeat the patterns and habits our parents set out for us. Recognising any pattern is the key to change, but we must firstly be prepared to change the way we think and the way we react to things.
Through my spiritual beliefs and a new-found confidence, I came to believe I could contribute to my life positively. Positive subliminal affirmations that work on the subconscious, also helped me change some of my own thinking.