How many of us is our lifetime are continually conditioned to follow a certain path and live another person’s life? Whose life are we living and are our decisions based on what we want?
Although I woke up in my thirties to the fact that someone else was controlling my life, I couldn’t do anything about it. If I could I would certainly be talking about a different outcome now.
Do these points apply to you?
- You’re always putting other people before yourself;
- You sit on the fence;
- You would rather someone else decide than have to make your own decisions;
- You say Yes because it’s easier than saying No;
- If confronted you back down and go along with the consensus;
- Your main job is to keep others happy;
- You find it hard to disagree with anyone;
- You are unsure of your own preferences so are hesitant about what you want;
- You wait for someone to answer for you when you’re asked a question.
If some of the above points apply to you, you’re unfortunately living someone else’s life. I know that because all the above points applied to me. As soon as I could open my eyes, I began to change things, but still had lots of opposition to deal with. That wasn’t easy.
Given my life and my experiences, my advice would be live your own life, before someone else gets to call the shots full time on how they want you to live.