It’s no wonder with our busy lifestyles we let stress in. We take less time for ourselves than we ever have, always on the move. With a healthier lifestyle you too can find ways to reduce stress.
These are my top tips to help with stress relief, in no specific order:
- Switch off your mobile phone, or your computer regularly so that you’re not mentally connected to the outside world;
- Learn to live presently in the moment so that you’re connecting with loved ones and switch off your phones;
- Learn how to relax, listen to music, practice yoga, or meditate;
- Make sure you’re eating well balanced meals, and eat healthy energy-boosting snacks between meals;
- Make sure you’re in a good sleep routine and that you get and maintain your quota of sleep;
- Go to bed at a reasonable time around the same time each night;
- Limit your caffeine and alcohol intake so you’re not reliant on either;
- Maintain a positive attitude so that you’re thinking about and living a more positive life;
- Remember that not everything is within your reach or control and that’s okay;
- Take exercise, even if it’s a 10-minute walk;
- Remember not everything has to be perfect;
- Switch off electrical equipment at least an hour before bed;
- Take a night time herbal tea before bed;
- Take deep breaths if you’re struggling with anxiety or stress. Inhale and exhale slowly.
Lifestyle plays a big part in stress and stress levels. The more you learn to simplify your life the less stress you will carry. If you deal with anxiety or you’re a worrier, think about your triggers.
Finally, talk about what you deal with, because talking helps.