As a child, I never thought about whether I was happy or sad. I knew I existed in my life and that my life was my life. I have changed a lot since those early days.
My following suggestions may help:
- No matter your childhood take responsibility for yourself;
- Quit blaming others and stop making excuses;
- Quit trying to avoid change because change needs to happen and it will;
- Change happens for a reason, look for the reason;
- Be aware of how you talk to yourself;
- Quit running away from your issues;
- Allow your challenges to initiate emotional change and spiritual growth;
- Problems stay problems because our thoughts limit our resolve to deal with those problems, therefore we must deal with our thoughts.
What I know is we must first resolve our issues, then at least we will have the opportunity of being happy.