As a child, I never thought about whether I was happy or sad. I knew I existed in my life and that my life was just that ‘my life.’ I have changed a lot since those early days.
There is no doubt in my mind that we make our own happiness and that being proactive is an important element, if we are going to bring about that change.
The following other tips may help:
- Take responsibility for yourself and be okay with your mistakes. Quit blaming others and stop making excuses all the time. Making excuses just gives you more ammunition to deny your responsibilities on any decisions and life choices you have to make;
- Quit trying to avoid change, because we all know change needs to happen. Although we’re not always happy with the choices we make, we tend to avoid making new choices because we’re afraid to work through change. Without change we can’t grow emotionally or spiritually. Change needs to happen for a reason, be okay with it;
- Stop talking yourself down. Without confidence and self-esteem, it’s easy to think other people are better than us. Be aware of how you talk to yourself. Negative self-talk and self-doubt is why we fail at being happy and succeeding;
- Quit running away from fear and problems. Perceive your problems with fortitude and confidence. Problems become bigger because we subconsciously believe we’re not capable of sorting them out, so we shy away from them. When we take away fear, our problems become a challenge, a challenge that initiates change and growth;
- Problems stay problems because our thoughts limit our resolve to deal with those problems.
Although my spiritual beliefs bring me inner comfort and peace, I still have circumstances that I must resolve. I still very much believe that our beliefs hold the key to certain aspects, for us to be happy in our lives.