As a child, I never thought about whether I was happy or sad. I knew I existed in my life and that was my life. I have changed a lot since those early days.
My following suggestions may help:
- No matter your childhood take responsibility for yourself;
- It is important to stop blaming others and to stop making excuses;
- Change happens even if we try to avoid it;
- Change happens for a reason, we need to look for the reason;
- Try to be aware of how you talk to yourself;
- Stop running away from issues;
- Allow your challenges to initiate emotional change and spiritual growth;
- Problems may stay problems because our thoughts can limit our resolve to deal with those problems, therefore we need to deal with our thoughts.
What I know is we need to first resolve our issues, then we can have the opportunity of being happy.