As a child, I never thought about whether I was happy or sad. I knew I existed and that was my life. I have changed a lot since those early days.
But there is no doubt in my mind that we make our own happiness and that being pro-active is an important element of that.
The following suggestions on how to be proactive are below:
- Take responsibility for your mistakes and be okay with them;
- Stop blaming others for your mistakes and making excuses all the time. Making excuses simply allows you to deny your responsibilities;
- Stop trying to avoid being proactive around change, because change needs to happen, because without change you cannot emotionally or spiritually grow;
- Try to be aware of any negative self-talk as you go through the process;
- Dealing with your issues will allow you to move forward with confidence;
- Challenges initiate change and growth and that’s okay;
- Problems stay problems because our thoughts limit our resolve to deal with them, therefore we must deal with our thoughts.
Although my spiritual beliefs bring me understanding and that makes me happy, I still have issues that I need to resolve and being pro-active helps with that.