We’re still working through the enormity of everything we’ve been dealing with, as far as surgery is concerned. Although we still have to wait for the swelling to go down on Daniel’s nose, he wants to go for a second opinion to make sure his nose is as it should be.
If after a second opinion the new Consultant thinks the surgery wasn’t a success and that he should have more surgery, then Daniel would like to opt for that. Having initially decided that he wanted to take a year off university, which we were happy for him to do, he’s now thinking that he may go back, which I personally think would be good for him.
There may be times where he will struggle, particularly as it’s an important year and he needs to be able to cope, but being back in a routine and having something to take his mind off what he’s been dealing with, is a good thing. As a family we’re coping better now; individually we’re working on the same.
We’re having more positive days amongst some very negative days; but that’s only to be expected. University is supposed to be the best time of our lives; but I am sure that if we manage to put things right, something positive will have come from his sad experience.
For now we’re working on staying strong, calm and motivated. I have faith that things will work out.