With more bad days under my belt than good days, I thought it might be helpful to blog about how to turn a bad day into a good one.
The following should cut down on your stress:
- Always look at what you have, rather than what you want or would like;
- Hone in on what you have. Bad days will always cloud your judgment and make your realities feel worse;
- Keep reminding yourself what you have;
- Deadlines are important, but your health and sanity more;
- Set time in your day to do something for yourself. Go for a walk or listen to music;
- Prioritise e-mails and telephone calls in and out of work, so that anything important is dealt with;
- Trying to cram or finish everything in one day will lead to burn out and even more stress;
Finally, concentrate on better lifestyle choices including your diet. Choose to cut down on work commitments, so that you free-up time for yourself.