When we think about others, we may think they have their lives pretty much wrapped up. We may look and focus on their qualities, rather than on our own.
From the outset, we may also think their lives seem to fit together perfectly, but inwardly they will also have their own stories to tell. Instead, we must focus on our own qualities.
These are my own techniques to achieve the same:
- Never look at the past as something negative. Look at it as something you can learn and grow from;
- Stop trying to please others if pleasing others doesn’t please you;
- Being around people who intimidate you can make you feel worse about yourself. Instead choose to be around positive people who elevate you and make you feel good about yourself;
- Try to find ways that work for you so that you can take control over how you feel;
- Don’t worry about what other people think. Accepting yourself is easier when you ignore other people and what they think.
As you continue to put a more positive slant on your own life and your own qualities, don’t look to question yourself on those. So, accept yourself, forgive yourself and eliminate toxic people from your life. When you’re happy with yourself, you won’t want to be someone else.