I never really understood what brain fatigue meant and whether it was relevant to my re-wiring, but I have now learned that it has something to do with the way the brain is wired.
If you feel like your head is stuck in a vice, you can’t concentrate, let alone function and you just feel extremely tired. It feels like brain fog, when you lose mental clarity.
My suggestions below should help:
- Cut out refined sugars and remove foods containing MSG and drinks containing caffeine. Eat plenty of protein and carbohydrates and cut down on saturated fats;
- Eat lots of leafy green vegetables such as kale, spinach and rocket leaves and add some of the good fats too. Drink plenty of fluids.
- Sleep regularly and at regular times so that you maintain mental clarity. Avoid exercising or watching television too close to bed as this will over stimulate an already active brain. Being over tired can add to problems with mental clarity;
- Exercise is responsible for reducing stress and encouraging better sleep. It also helps us build up energy, so incorporating exercise regularly into a daily routine is an advantage;
- Reducing stress is a vital part of a healthy routine and may help maintain mental clarity. It’s therefore important to lower your stress levels and find time to relax.
Also, cut down on drinking alcohol and smoking. The build-up of toxins from both these substances add to brain fatigue.