Life is a learning curve with dips in the road. Every now and again we should begin to find new things out about ourselves and of other people.
The experiences we find less challenging should alter the way we see and do things, but some of our other experiences, we may simply choose to ignore.
My suggestions below have helped me:
- You are you. It may not be always necessary to explain why you do things a certain way, or think that you may have to justify yourself to others. People should accept you just the way you are;
- If you struggle with a lack of confidence and that interferes with your self-belief and how you see yourself, try to find a way to perceive yourself in a way so you may feel more confident about things. Also, work on your self-esteem because that helps with confidence;
- Too many of us may make choices based on what other people want for us without thinking about what we want for ourselves. It’s okay to accept other people’s advice, but the final decision needs to be ours;
- As hard as it is, it is important to let go of the past. At the time we may probably not see our indiscretions, but if you can, try not to feel bad because working through indiscretions should make you stronger;
- Close your past chapters. Try not to let the past interfere with any future decisions you make;
- Learn to love the simple things, and sand making excuses.
- When we may try to live up to other people’s expectations, we may have to continue. It’s okay not to.
We’re often expected to conform, to behave a certain way, the pressure is always on. It is important not to let other people make you feel unworthy. We may dictate our own rules.