Sadly, with arthritis the pain and inflammation never go away, unless we do something about it. Topically there are things we can do to help.
There are lots of natural home remedies that help with pain and inflammation. They are what our grandparents will have used and can be the most comforting.
My suggestions are as follows:
- Massage joints with olive oil;
- Steam baths and a body massage are helpful for pain relief;
- Dilute Lavender, Juniper, Garlic, Rosemary, Sage, Sassafras oils and Thyme in one part to 10 parts of olive oil. Apply to the affected painful joints;
- A Vitamin C, Zinc and Calcium supplement is beneficial;
- ‘Sea bathing’ is recommended;
- Hot vinegar helps relieve inflammation when applied to aching joints. It should be done before retiring for the night;
- 4 tablespoons of Epsom salts in a bath are another natural remedy to help reduce inflammation and pain.
For remedies to work successfully, it’s important for them to work alongside a good lifestyle. Natural remedies can make a difference. Sadly, conventional medicine although it has its place, tends to suppress the immune system and doesn’t always treat the underlying cause.
Natural remedies continue to support the immune system, whilst treating the cause or symptoms.