We hide our emotions, bury our vulnerability, spend our time convincing ourselves we’re okay, but inwardly we’re not feeling that way.
Wouldn’t it be good if taking care of ourselves was just about taking care of our physical needs? Unfortunately, that isn’t the case, because the catalyst of taking care of ourselves, is our ability to deal with our emotions. Without our emotions in-tact, we will have very little in the way of health and although we will get by, getting by means we’re not really living.
We have the ability to change. We all have the ability to think and understand and we all have the ability to change the way we do things, so that we take good care of ourselves on the inside and out.
A few helpful tips:
- Acknowledge and recognise how you feel;
- Look at your life to see where and how you can make changes;
- If you’re dealing with hurt, write down some of your thoughts past and present, so that you recognise how you feel;
- Sometimes what we feel is not attributed to our current situation;
- Make an appointment to go and talk to someone if you feel you’re not coping;
- Distance yourself from those who continue to cause you stress;
- Get to know yourself;
- Say no to any commitments you would normally say yes to if you’re not up to it;
- Learn to connect with your inner thoughts so that you’re connecting with yourself. Choose beliefs that will bring you the most peace;
- Change your lifestyle completely to incorporate all the above.
When we take better care of our emotional health, we will become less vulnerable, will stay well and have more peace.