We hide our emotions, bury our vulnerability, spend our time convincing ourselves we’re okay, but inwardly we’re not feeling that way.
Do we take good care of ourselves?
Wouldn’t it be good if taking care was just about taking care of our physical needs? I think so, but unfortunately that’s not the case, because the catalyst of taking care is our ability to deal with our emotions. Without our emotions in tact, we will have very little in the way of health and although we will get by, getting by means we’re not really living.
We all have the ability to change anything we want to change. We all have the ability to think and understand and we all have the ability to change the way we do things, so that we take good care of ourselves on the inside and out.
A few helpful tips:
- Acknowledge and recognise how you feel;
- Look at your life to see where and how you can make changes;
- Write down some of your thoughts so that you recognise all the hurt;
- Make an appointment to go and talk to someone if you feel you’re not coping;
- Let go of any unconscious thoughts and begin to distance yourself from those who continue to cause you stress;
- Get to know yourself;
- Say no to the commitments that you would normally say yes to;
- Listen to your inner thoughts and connect with yourself. Choose beliefs that will bring you the most peace;
- Change your lifestyle completely to incorporate all the above.
When we at least take better care of our emotional health, we will become less vulnerable, will stay well and have more peace.