How many us find it hard to balance our emotions so that we keep us at the top of our game emotionally and physically? Although emotionally I try to stay well, some of the issues I deal with aren’t always easy to get past.
My suggestions below may be helpful:
- Begin to make a habit of making a mental note of your feelings. Try to work out why you’ve got the feelings you have. Think about using affirmations to help shift those feelings;
- Always focus on the positive. It’s a good way to stay emotionally focused. Having negative feelings drains us physically and allows illness to set in. Focusing on the positive will allow you to attract positive in your life;
- Physical health is important, take care of it. All illnesses are created by emotional negativity. Exercise, eat better and get the right amount of sleep;
- Stay connected personally with friends. Take up a hobby or find something that interests you. Social networking also helps put us in touch with people we know but don’t always get to see.
- Don’t dwell on the things you have no control over. Keep past experiences firmly in the past. The focus must be what we will attract in our lives, so keeping our thoughts clear in the present is important.
- Find inner-calm. This is important, because without inner-calm, nothing else will work effectively.
When we achieve good emotional health, we are more likely to handle stress, family and friends better. We are also more likely to work through our challenges with a clear head.
Making changes isn’t easy, but if we all managed to change to change just one thing, that change would go some way to helping us stay emotionally well.